In case of a fire accident, never use the elevator to escape. Elevator passengers may be trapped in the lift if a power cut occurs during emergencies. They may also face a great danger in the event that an elevator failure results in the elevator stopping at the floor where the fire breaks out and letting thick smoke in should the elevator door suddenly open. As such, it is safer to use the staircase to escape from the scene.
- 如發現任何火警危險即致電119 / 120 向消防局求助。
Residents should note the following:
- Be familiar with the means of escape, escape routes, evacuation assembly place of the College;
- Participate in fire drills;
- Ensure fire escape routes (including corridor and staircase) are free from obstruction, personal belongings are not allowed to be placed on corridor and staircase;
- Keep the smoke stop doors closed to prevent smoke and fire from spreading and to reduce loss in case of fire;
- Report any fire hazards to the Fire Services Department by calling 119 / 120.
- 到達安全地點後致電119 / 120報告火警。
If a fire breaks out in your room
- Keep calm;
- Tell everyone in your room and floor to leave;
- Break the breakglass unit in the corridor to activate the fire alarm;
- Escape by the nearest staircase;
- Call 119 / 120 to report the fire when you are safe.
- 如遇上火警，致電119 / 120通知消防局，並採取以下措施：
When you hear the fire alarm
- Respond and act quickly;
- If there is a fire, call 119 / 120 to inform the Fire Services Bureau and take the following measures:
Before leaving the room:
- Evaluate the risk of escaping from the room;
- 帶備逃生三寶(手提電話、房卡、濕毛巾) ;
Leave the room:
- Bring along the three useful items for fire escape (mobile phone, keycard and wet towel);
- If the corridor is free of smoke, leave the room rapidly;
- Close the room door;
- Escape through the nearest staircase and do not use the elevator;
- If there is smoke in the staircase, escape by another staircase immediately;
- If there is no staircase with a safe passage, return to your room or try knocking at the doors of other rooms until you find a safe place to take shelter;
- If smoke is blocking your way, crawl along the floor as the air is fresher near the ground.
參考資料 / Reference (點擊查看更多 / click for more details) :